What is Telehealth?
Telehealth allows doctors and patients to communicate remotely using online tools like your PC and Skype. It is approved by Medicare.
Online Consultations Can Save You Time
Our practice understands that it is not always easy to travel to see us, so in certain circumstances, we can offer ‘remote patients’ an online consultation. This is usually more suited to follow-up consultations. For initial
consultations we generally recommend a face-to-face meeting.
Easy to Setup
If you have a computer with camera, microphone, speakers and a reasonable internet connection, you have all that you
need. If you don’t have a Skype account get one here Skype is free and easy to setup. Please test your Skype works using Link
Make an Appointment
Call our practice and we will
- Arrange a Telehealth appointment date and time
- Tell you the doctor’s Skype name
- Ask you for your Skype name
A few minutes before the appointment time you should do as follows:
- Open Skype on you computer
- Go to Contacts and select Add Contact
- Search for doctors Skype name using Find option
- Send a Contact Request – Please add me as a contact message
- Once request accepted your Telehealth call can begin.
Please ensure when you prepare to talk that your environment is relatively quiet and private.